Saturday, March 11, 2006

Good morning, starshine

Thought I'd write another entry this morning, since last night's was so sparse. I'm sitting here with a happy, giggly baby on my lap, babbling away. It's so cool to see (and hear!) her developing verbally. She sounds like this at the moment: "aaaAAAh. wuh * screech* aaaooohwha *screech* babaaooohwha. vaba *screech*."

She's really picking up on the rhythm of speech, too, so it really sounds like she's talking. She has the right intonation and spacing sometimes.

We're up really early this morning, because we went to bed early last night- she was out by 9 and I was asleep by 10ish. I'm feeling a bit better for the sleep, but it wasn't a terribly pleasant night. All toss-y and turn-y and feverish. I had a nice waking up, though- with Ari's warm little body cuddled up against me and nursing greedily at my breast. I really love nursing sometimes (not so much when I have plugged ducts the size of a bratwurst, admittedly ;) ). I wish I could somehow capture the experience to remember later on when she doesn't need mama's nursies anymore. There's a rightness about being so physically connected to my daughter that I know I will miss when she is older.

No comments: