Wednesday, March 29, 2006

Nothing much interesting

Wow, did I never get near being able to use a keyboard yesterday. I'm almost not getting to write this now- I'm writing this while nursing the girl and with Thad hovering over me wanting to get on his Wanderer's Guild chat.

Yesterday went okay, although Ari spent the last 45 minutes she was with the sitter crying. I'm one of only two grad students in my class, so that's kind of weird. It's funny for me to be around undergrads now; they're all cocky and think they know stuff. :) I guess I was like that, too, when I was an undergrad.

These are my classes this quarter:
Sanskrit- 1 hour, and mostly just sight reading some Mahabarata stories.
Old Irish- 1 hour, reading group kind of thing
Mycenean Greek- also 1 hour. We haven't been able to meet yet, because Brian had to leave this afternoon, shortly before the end of Irish.
Sociolinguistics seminar- taught by Peter Trudgill, and really awesome so far! He's focusing on the development of colonial languages as they're different (and the same) from their Old World counterparts.
Morphology class- this is the one that we're having to get someone to watch Ari for, and this is also the one full of undergrads. We'll see how it goes.

I didn't get to do anything interesting today, but I spent some time yesterday sorting through photos of the girl. About four or five more nice pictures of her, and I'll post another album. Oh, and she's almost crawling, and I've been taking some videos. The 'rents should be getting some DVDs in the mail soon! Especially because we finally remembered to buy a stack of DVD-Rs.

No comments: