Sunday, April 02, 2006

Dear world: I kick ass!

I have been kicking some major ass today. :D

On the baby front, Ari took two decent naps today, all by herself. I only had to go to her once in the combined six hours of her two naps. She's been totally sweet and happy. I had almost forgotten how sweet-natured my baby actually is- it's been a while since she was napping properly, and it put her out of sorts. She is babbling like crazy and blowing raspberries. She's also been doing that cute baby dance where they flail their arms up and down.

Another exciting thing is that it sounded like she was singing along with a song today. It's hard to tell, but we were listening to the B-52's Hot Pants Explosion. There's a bit in the chorus that goes "Aaoooh, aaoooh, aaooh". There were at least two times where, right after the chorus, she started going "aaooh". Coincidence, maybe, but it's an indication that she might notice music. She loves having someone (especially me) sing to her but she's never seemed to care at all about music on the radio.

As far as my kicking butt goes, I made myself a proper hot breakfast today. And I did a ton of stuff I've been needing to do- bills, updating the ledger, even taxes (e-filed and everything!). I also went to school and did a bunch of school stuff that I needed to do. All in all, I've checked nine major things off my personal to-do list. Oh, and we're making ice cream and playing games with Theo this evening.

On a side note, I had no idea how much having a child affects your taxes. I did my whole federal return without Ari listed because I couldn't remember her SSN (it was upstairs under the bed she was sleeping in). Without her, our return was about 600$. With her, our return was nearly 3000$.

Anyway, today's been a really lovely day.

1 comment:

Brooke said...

Good You!

(I still haven't done my taxes yet, eep!)