Monday, April 03, 2006

My eyeballs are melted in my head

Aaah, Daylight Saving time*. Ari, you see, doesn't know how to read a clock. She doesn't know that we screw around with our time measurement system at this time of year. Therefore, Ari's mama didn't get to go to bed until 2:00 AM last night, even though she had to be up at 7:30 to make an appointment with her advisor.

I was so tired today. This is not really a new thing, though, so I think I'll try not to belabor it.

Ari had a bad day, too. She wouldn't sleep for Thad and was just tired and fussy as anything. We had kind of a cute if sad moment this morning. I had to get out early to make my aforementioned appointment with my advisor, and I was just about to pack up and go, when I remembered that I had forgotten a book upstairs (I keep reading material in the cosleeper there, for reading while nursing) and so I went to get it. Ari had just woken up, and when she saw me, she was all giggles and smiles and tongue stickin' out. You know, adorable babyness from my little girl. So I smiled at her, and said good morning and told her I had to go. I picked up my book, and walked out the door. She immediately started bawling. I turned around and looked at my little girl and I couldn't leave. I ended up being a little late for my meeting (although he was a little late, too, so it was alright) and I went in there and gave my little girl cuddles and nursies. After just a few minutes, she was okay when I left. I guess all she wanted was a few hugs from mama before I went.

I had a long day at school, but it went okay, I guess. I got to hug and cuddle my girl after I came home, at least. :) Oh, and we redid our bedroom to be a little safer with a more mobile little girl. Pictures to follow.
________
*Apparently, this is the correct term- not Daylight Savings time, as most people say it. I learned this from a student last quarter

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This is the cutest little picture ever. How can a little creature be THAT cute?