Wednesday, August 02, 2006

Avoid Schwinn like the plague

Today sucked.

We slept funny, for starters. I got to bed at four AM (for various reasons I won't go into) and I couldn't wake up, couldn't keep my eyes open when Ari woke up at 7. Around 8 (after nearly an hour of trying to fight my way to consciousness) Thad woke up and took her. Then he let me sleep till 11- which was lovely, but hard on him. Then him and Ari went to sleep. Ari slept till one, and Thad slept till 3. This meant that he didn't get to spend his day off with us. It also meant that Ari's only nap was rather early in the day.

The only thing that passes for useful that we did today was go buy a bike trailer that we hated so much we have to pack it up and return it... by everything I could find out about it, it seemed like it would be good, but it wasn't. It wasn't to the point that I'd've been concerned for Ari's safety if I put her in that thing. And I hurt my hand assembling it.

Ari did go to bed at nine sharp, but the house is such a godawful mess (trailer crap in the living room, basement crap all over the dining room, my sewing stuff still uncleaned, the kitchen an unholy mess from yesterday's fooding still...) that I can't bear to face any of it. Instead I've spent two and a half hours futzing around on the internet feeling like a loser.

Pfeh. I'm going to try to be in bed by midnight- at least I can try to do that right.

No comments: