Saturday, August 26, 2006

Startlingly tardy

This is what I came down to this morning. :) Rather than sleep, Thad went around and arranged this- this, and a Jack Buster (my favorite from Jack and Benny's). My man knows the way to my heart. :D

Ari ate that banana, too. Just about the whole thing. It was this enormous mushy gross mess. Ari and I took a bath right after.

If anyone recognizes the flower, let me know. It's a weird kind of flower, and we've spent all day wondering what it is.

This evening was my proper birthday dinner. We went out, and everything. You'll note, I succumbed to the temptation to wear my Inara dress. I was totally the fanciest-dressed girl at the Lone-Star Steakhouse.

I got many nice presents, including the pictured B&N gift certificate (Thanks, Mom and Dad!). Theresa gave me a beautiful skirt, and also a drop spindle and a hunk of wool! Now I'm going to have to bite the bullet and learn to knit, if only to do something with my pretty green wool.

As you can see, Ari was quite the little eater girl. She also played with her crayons, which was kind of cool. Back in June, I had her "make a card" for Father's Day, and she didn't have the concept at all of making marks on the paper deliberately. Tonight, while she wasn't good at doing it, she seemed to at least think it was something one could do with crayons. In between trying to eat them, at least.

I did get my two skirts basically finished. If I can just finish my shirt tomorrow, I should be good. Good luck to me, though- tomorrow is Ari's birthday party!

Days to D*Con: 4
Costumes to finish: still 1, still touches on 4.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Okay, first of all, thank you, thank you, thank you for letting Steve and I crash in your hotel room. Secondly, I hope Brooke plans on being Kaylee, because I am seriously fighting the urge to go get one of those mechanic jumpsuit thingees and try to dress myself up like Kaylee....

Please don't forget to email us the info!!!

We miss you and can't wait to see all three of you.

P.S. - Can you post pics of any of Theresa's costumes?

Anonymous said...

Oops, we miss Theresa too! Tell George we said hi.

Anonymous said...

I may try to call you back again before con. Sorry to put so many responses on one post!

Julia said...

I can't post any pics of Theresa's costumes, because they're not done and she won't let me look at them. :P It's all very mysterious.

I'll try to call you tomorrow or the next...

Anonymous said...

Alright, Ms. Mysterious Theresa, I guess I will just wait to see her costumes.