Sunday, August 20, 2006

Jack? Pallino? Panini?

Today: Baby costumes!

I worked on Ari's costumes today. None of them are totally done, but they're all mostly done. On the right, we have Ari's monster costume. This is to accompany our monster-hunter redcaps. But how could we kill a monster this cute? This costume is made possible (and extra awesome) by a custom dye job from a mom I know. I gave her a onesie and a scrap of white broadcloth and shabang! I have fabric all dyed to match. I think having access to custom-dyed fabric is WAY too much power to give a costumer. :D

I could have tried to do this costume from scratch, but I got the onesie for 1$ at the thrift store, and I figured it would be more comfortable for my little girl to wear- which is of vital importance! I'm not making her wear anything she objects to.
This is Ari as Sandy the Golden Boy. The costume's half finished-although I did finish the outer-wear underwear after she went to bed. Mostly I need to figure out how to do boots... Do I do spats? Booties? hack off the existing feet and redo them? I must think.

After Theresa and I did some sewing today, we had a nice time playing Bocce in the little park across the street. T&G beat us both games, but it was close.

Thad, bless his heart, went to bed at 11 AM, determined to wake up again in a few hours. I actually tried to wake him at 1:30 (per his instructions) but he was completely insensate, and didn't wake till 5:00. I was having conversations with the man, and he didn't remember them, he was so out of it.

Anyway, he worked again tonight. Ari's been crazy fussy most of the day (it's been making me batty) and she didn't go to bed until midnight. Thank god, Theresa's been here. Otherwise, being alone with a fussy baby all day would have really sucked. And, more importantly, I wouldn't have been able to pull together the delicious flaming cheese and seafood dinner that I served tonight.

Well, I thought it was delicious, anyhow. I mean, how can anything with near a pound of shrimp and a whole cup of feta cheese be bad?

Working days till Dragon*Con: 10
Costumes to finish: Still 7... but 4 of those are in wearable shape, if not completely finished.

No comments: