Friday, August 11, 2006

Those were dice bags, by the by

My brain is starting to go bibbledy with no day to day schedule... I look up and I can't remember what day it is, or how many days have passed.

Today, we had another playgroup. Ari was really tired by the end, and just cried all the way home (although she passed out immediately with some nursies and cuddles).

She's been up and down the stairs all day. It's been driving me a bit spare. She's not quite got the hang of getting down safely, so it's meant that one of us has to either hover over her, or try (quite in vain, I assure you) to prevent her getting at the stairs altogether. Or just spend all our time upstairs.

I finally put some big pillows at the bottom of the stairs this evening, after Thad left. Me not hovering seemed to help- she went up and down the stairs safely four times in a row! And she did fall a couple times, but the pillows did their job, and she was totally unhurt. I think she just needed to not feel like mama was waiting to grab her.

Hmm... I should emphasize: when I say "stairs", I mean the three steps leading to the landing. The stairs proper are blocked by a gate. I swear I'm not letting my baby fall down a whole flight. :)

No comments: