Tuesday, August 22, 2006

Squeak, squeak, squeak

August 22nd? How did it get to be August 22nd already? Time has just zoomed right past, and my summer break will be over before I know it.

Check out Ari, modeling her superhero pants. :) They are a little droopy in this picture, but I have since added elastic. I need to do the last touches on her costumes- I may do some of that during the car ride, though.

Today and yesterday were devoted to the Inara costume. I figured it out in my head yesterday day, but sat down way too late at night to start on it. I cut in the wrong places and had to completely redesign the whole blasted thing.

I still like how it turned out, though. it's got a bit of a train now (I'm not sure where it came from!) and it's a little more cohesive than it was originally going to be.

We had a lovely breakfast this morning, at a cafe down the street. They have an absolutely gorgeous garden in the back, and that's where we ate. Our waitress was very nice, and brought Ari some bananas and orange bits in a plastic cup, free of charge. :) Smart woman- Ari dumped that cup on the ground, first chance she got. But she liked the bananas and oranges.

Ari is totally an eater baby these days, by the by. This is the list of what she ate today:
  • bananas
  • oranges
  • a cracker
  • a vinegar/salt potato chip
  • yogurt
  • leftover orzo with tomato sauce
  • feta cheese
  • potato chips and onion dip
  • several prunes
She particularly liked the prunes- like mama, like daughter! I gave her those, and she acted like they were the best thing she'd ever tasted. Big grins and all! She's also very much a beggar baby these days. :) When I was eating my shrimp leftovers for lunch, she came right up and demanded that I feed her my orzo. And then she cried when it was all gone.

Days till Dragon*Con: 8
Costumes to finish: 1 with any seriousness, 4 more that just have touches left.

No comments: