Saturday, August 19, 2006

Up the front, or round the back?

Today, I actually got some costume making done. Nothing amazing, but something. To the left, we have a corset-style "dragonskin" top, with a buttload of lacing. This thing is so hot it isn't even funny. Ah, how we suffer for fashion's sake. This is part of the redcap monster-hunter costume.

We were supposed to take some of our stuff over to R&B's for a garage sale this morning, but that totally fell through due to rain and associated happenings. We're hoping to do it tomorrow, instead.

Thad ended up sleeping until 5 today, too, because I couldn't wake him up without waking up a sleeping baby.

By the by, I got all what I got done done while the baby slept. God knows there was no way I was going to be able to do it while she was awake.

This is the fur-trimmed cape that goes with the top I just showed. I'm also wearing cargo pants and fur-trimmed boots. Yay, bunnies! It looks pretty good, but I think I need a new cap for it. My existing red cap just isn't doing it for me.

Ari took a very late nap today. She's definitely teething again- she's very on-again-off-again fussy, and her sleep schedule is pretty messed up (note the "baby happy fun middle of the night playtime" episodes we've been dealing with of late). When she finally woke up, though, she was a sweet and happy girl who made surprisingly little trouble in the sewing room.

We went for dinner at R&B's- apparently, they got a really good deal on steak and decided to throw a party. There was steak, and some really good corn, and roast potatoes, and garlic bread, and bunches of good fruit to go with. It was a really stellar meal, and Ari had a great time (as did we). She ate a little of everything except the corn and the steak.

And the ticker...
Working days till D*Con: 11
Costumes left to finish: 7

No comments: