Wednesday, August 16, 2006

You won

Been a busy couple o' days, hereabouts. Today, we spent six hours shopping for costume stuff, and we didn't even finish. The costuming gods were with us, though, and we totally scored. The best surprise find? A starfleet uniform jacket, for TWO DOLLARS. With insignia, and pips. It was on the women's blouse rack at the thrift store. I can only assume that somebody parted with that sucker unwillingly (A geek died? Their mom cleaned out their closet while they were at school?) and the thrift store employee somehow had not heard of Trek and had no idea what they had.

I'm not sure what we'll do with said jacket, but worst case scenario, we e-Bay that puppy.

Anyway, we came home with great stuff. I have the makings of an awesome Inara costume now, and my Dian Belmont costume is done. The monster hunter costume is coming right along. I got the best pants for it, and I also found some good shirt stuff and fabric for it today.

Ari was the sweetest girl in the universe today. She came with us on our long trek, and was nothing but happy and nice for us the whole day. She got a little fussy right before bedtime, but she went to sleep happily. And so shall I now.

No comments: