Tuesday, August 01, 2006

A word with three doubled letters in a row

Monday, Monday. I was up until 4:00 in the morning due to insomnia, but I got to sleep till 10. When Ari and I came down, Thad was still up. He'd done the dishes and he made me breakfast. The downside of that was that he slept until 6:30 in the evening, and then had to leave for work at 9:30.

I got a fair amount done today- lots of fiddly bookkeeping things, laundry, dealing with getting the car fixed.

Regarding the car; there's nothing much wrong with it (and there darn well shouldn't be!)- just that the passenger door won't open from the inside. And a little thing involving the gas cap door. Anyway, Alternative just fixed those things for us. It involved Ari and me going over there a few times, to drop off and pick up the car- it felt kinda silly having to drive a single block, but what are you going to do?

Ari had her first taste of ice cream (homemade vanilla praline- thanks, Max!) today, and that was pretty cool. She really liked it, too! I had to eventually tell Thad to stop giving it to her, or she would have just kept eating it. :) She also ate today: some plum, some corn (removed from its skin†) and some spicy chicken flavored whole grain couscous.

Also, as long as we're on the topic of food- she had the rankest smelling poop in her personal history today. Boy, howdy, am I glad she was inclined to start solids late.
______
†Why do I bother peeling individual corn kernels? Corn skin poop. I think I need say no more.

No comments: