Friday, August 18, 2006

A distinct lack of beignets

Today was another nothing day... I totally failed to work on costumes, for the most part. I worked an itty bit on redcap, but otherwise... Thad was up with her in the night, and slept all day. And worked tonight- so he wasn't around. I may ask Thad to take her away on Wednesday, so I can just focus on getting things done.

It's weird, but I find it really hard to work on things, just because I can't focus. I remember reading a science fiction story once where there was an obsession with making everyone equal. In order to level the playing field, really smart people wore and earpiece and a horrible loud noise would go off every minute or two, to keep them from being able to concentrate. It feels like that. Every minute or two (or more often!), I have to do something baby oriented, and it's really hard for me to get anything done on large projects. :P

Anyway, this is Ari, trying out a spoon. She seems to understand that spoons are food related now, and she kinda wants to try it out. We thought about getting baby spoons, but they were weird and expensive, and I'm not sure why they're good. I am doing research and shall decide what to do about this. :)

Working days 'till D*Con: 12
Costumes to finish: 7 (J redcap, J sluagh, J Inara, A monster, A Sandy, A bunny, T redcap)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi, Merry and Melatonie! The story you mentioned would be "Harrison Bergeron", my favorite Kurt Vonnegut short story.

I see your blog has come along ... glad to see the seat-swing thing has come to good use ... ever thought of installing the Blogger archive panel, to help those of us needing to catch up? I would have thought of Thad as Mal or Simon more likely than Wash, but I could be proven wrong ...

I promise to keep in touch ... take a look at mine when you get a chance (especially here) ... Love, Max

Anonymous said...

Were those archives there all along, or are you playing with my head? Either way I'm not getting enough sleep ... Max

Julia said...

I always had a monthly archive, but I just tried it on weekly... do you like it better that way? I think it looks funny.

Thad's going to dye his hair; that'll help with Wash.

I'm tickled you knew the story I was talking about. :)