Thursday, August 03, 2006

The days melt together

Well, we got the kitchen mostly cleaned today (and by "we", I mean "Thad") and we got the bike trailer packed up to return (and again, by "we", I mean "Thad", although I did mostly wrangle the girl so he could get it done. Which is a contribution.) although we didn't actually get 'round to returning it.

The living room is a horrible mess, and it's the kind of mess that I can't deal with quickly- it's stuff that doesn't have a place. That is, leftover basement stuff that I haven't figured out where it goes. That's the worst kind of cleaning, because you have to think about every single thing you put away. So, the living room remains a mess.

The dining room is a mess because I feel disheartened about the living room (plus a little of the aforementioned basement stuff issue), the kitchen is a mess because Thad's been working, and the bedroom is a mess 'cause... I d'know, I'm lazy? I think I'll try to get the bedroom in a liveable state at least tomorrow.

Check out Ari trying to get to mama through the gate! We spent quite a while playing gate peekaboo during dinner preparations today. She thought it was hilarious- she laughed and laughed. Other things my baby thinks are funny:
  1. Papa trying to wear his glasses (silly papa- those are a baby toy!)
  2. Being taller than mama- higher than me on the stairs, being held over me, whatever
  3. Tummy blurbles
  4. Mama dancing
  5. Papa making funny voices
Ari ate chili today for the first time; I hope it agrees with her. I smushed the beans in half and also fed her some of the broth. I wasn't going to give her any, but she demanded that I share whatever I was eating. She was dubious at first, but then she ate and ate. She even ate a little piece of bread (with gusto) along with the chili. I had to cut her off after a bit because I was worried about the effect of the acid and spice on her little system.

In kind of gross news, her increased (and rapidly increasing) intake of solids is starting to show- the last two poopy diapers I changed have smelled funky and had peanut-butter consistency poops in them. Eeeeew.

No comments: