Friday, August 04, 2006

Old Maid

Guess what this is?

That's our baby, sleeping in her own bed! By "sleeping in her own bed" I of course mean "in her own bed which is directly adjunct to mine", so it's not like she's off down the hall. But I'm thinking that this will be a nice intermediary towards that. And, most importantly, everyone will have space to sleep in.

We went over to the Norka Futon today, and very much surprised the saleslady by walking in and announcing directly what we wanted- "we'll take a 6-inch foam core twin," we said. I think she was shocked at being deprived of the opportunity to give a sales pitch. We did end up having a conversation about it, and lying on some beds. Ari thought that store was the Best Place Ever, and was crawling around like crazy and trying to climb up onto the beds.

Here's a shot of the whole room, in its new configuration. This is what I spent my evening doing while Thad was at Shaintar. You can't see the pile of plastic, displaced pillows, baby blankets, and cosleeper parts that's behind me in this picture...

After we got the mattress, we had to get sheets. We splurged for monkey sheets, and I was actually glad we did it! She seemed to really be drawn to the brightly colored pictures. Since I was trying to help her like being on the bed, the monkeys were a big help.

We nursed several times on the new bed, but in the end, I email-checked her down to sleep†. ??? I think she's feeling kind of teethy lately- I've had to give her Hyland's to get a hurty crying baby back to sleep two nights in a row.
________
†Held her in my arms and let her snuggle and pass out there while I check email/chat to keep myself awake and sane. It works better than trying to do this upstairs because a) I'm more patient when I have email, and b) upstairs she'll get down and play. Here she'll stay in my arms till she passes out.

No comments: