Tuesday, August 15, 2006

Wild goose chase

It's been a few days since I posted; our weekend was weird. It was weird mostly in that it was exactly like any other day of the week- my time has been sliced into these 5 and 2 chunks for so long that it's habit now. I find it very odd to have that disrupted.

We didn't really do anything with the weekend, in any case. Thad was working Friday, Saturday and Sunday, so it was extra not-weekendy. I did go to breakfast at a very nice place, and Thad went to his clix tournament.

Oh, and Theresa and George came into town today. They're staying until D*Con and hen heading out.

Anyway, I thought I'd post some pictures of Ari in her favorite places today. This is Ari sitting at my feet (see the shoes?) under the computer table. Thad taped all those tempting wires up so they're a little less tempting, and she likes to take a book and sit at my feet and read while I check mails or whatever.

As previously mentioned, this is Ari on the stairs. Since we put the pillows down, she's been glued to them like superglue! She can handle them really well nowadays, though. She hardly ever falls at all, and we've gotten to the point where we don't worry about her on the stairs now (given that we remembered to close the gate to the big stairs!).

I keep thinking that one of these days, she'll get tired of the stairs, but not yet! She's having way too much fun. This is where she spends most of her time when in the dining room lately.
This per se is not a favorite spot, but this idea is. She loves being under things. The crib, the table, the papasan, chairs, the rocking chair- she's always climbing under things and getting herself stuck. She's gotten quite a few head bangs by climbing under something and having difficulty getting out.

It's kind of exciting lately, because she's learned to duck her head down- leading to fewer bangs, hopefully.

She took three steps in a row today, and collapsed against the ottoman in the living room. Very exciting- I fully expect her to be a walker by Dragon*Con.

No comments: