Sunday, July 02, 2006

The best shower of your life?

It's been kind of a busy weekend. Between Origins, R&K visiting and Brooke's birthday party... it's been kind of crazy. I wouldn't trade R&K's visit for the world, but it has been busy- and now we're going back to a full week of work. I'm enjoying MSSI, but I'm also counting the days till it's over!

There have been several really awesome baby moments lately- I thought I'd just relay a few. At Brooke's party last night, for starters, Ari fed Rick a whole stick of celery! She'd been playing with it for a while- waving it around and occasionally using it on her two little teeth. Rick was holding her and playing with her, and she was poking him with the celery stick. She poked it in his mouth, and he bit off a chunk. She got this kind of startled, fascinated look on her face and poked it back in his mouth! She kept doing this until she had fed him the very last little celery nub. It was adorable.

This morning, Ari helped me scritchy Thad's back. I had just changed her at the foot of the bed (which, if you'll recall, is currently on the floor) and Thad was flopped on his stomach nearby. He asked me for scritchies, so I started scritching him with one hand. Well, Ari crawled up, and started scratching his back with her one hand! It definitely wasn't accidental, either. She deliberately stood there and scratched him 5 or 6 times. It's one of the first times I can remember her clearly imitating me. Thad says they were even nice scritchies. :D

Lastly, I saw Ari clearly dancing to music today. She was playing with her piano, and sitting on her knees and bouncing up and down, staring at the piano while it made music. In time to the music. I suppose it's possible that it was coincidental, but it really seemed clear to me that she was dancing to music.

Anyway, it's really late. I'm a sleep... more work tomorrow. :(

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Punkin is growing up!!! I hope we get to see you guys again before Christmas!