Tuesday, July 11, 2006

Looking for a golden rose

Check out my baby, eating cherries! If she looks a little teary-eyed, it's because her mean papa had the temerity to wash her hands off. ;) But yeah, she ate little pieces of cherry, and apparently much enjoyed them.

We gave her some honeydew melon yesterday, and she munched away on that. Mayhap tomorrow we'll try watermelon. She's so much more willing to try food now that she has teeth to eat it with! I guess that's really the easier and more natural way to go about it, too.

This is Ari wearing a present she got from one of my fellow MSSI students. It's so awesome. That funkety-lookin' script is called Glagolitic, and her shirt has the names of four of the first five letters of the Glagolitic alphabet. The names of those letters also form the sentence "I know letters well". :D It's SO cute, and also so very geeky! I took a picture, and I'm going to give it to the people who run the center; I know they'll appreciate it.

There's not a whole lot else to talk about. Thad didn't work again tonight (I think I mentioned that was the likelihood) and we did indeed play Pendragon.

I don't know if I've explained Pendragon before, but it's an RPG in the style of the Arthurian romances and tales.

One of the interesting things about it, as opposed to other RPG's, is that you play out the life of your character. There're tables for near everything you could think of- random family events, marriage, childbirth. I think I showed a picture of the party we had when one of our knights got married in the game.

Anyhow, my character (the lady Arianna) got married some sessions ago, and at this point in the game, had a 2-month-old son. In the game tonight, an enemy stole her son and rode off with him.

I didn't at all like pondering what it would feel like to lose my child. I snuggled Ari very close tonight.

Anyway, check her out, playing with her dice. Andy (Sir Axel) brought her the d6 tonight. She totally loved it, and carted it everywhere. She even took it upstairs and snuggled it right to sleep.

No comments: