Wednesday, July 12, 2006

Twice to bed

This is a picture of a bathed, night-diapered, jammied, ready-for-bed little girl. I include the picture partly because it's sweet (but then, what picture of her isn't? says the doting mama) but also partly because this never happens. We don't usually bother to jammy her, and she only gets bathed when it occurs to me to do so. It so happens that it occurs to me to do so maybe 3-4 times a month... I'm so lazy that way. But it's not like she really gets dirty- and she does get spot cleaned.

This was also an interesting night because I got to bathe as well- I even washed my hair. This was the inaugural shower for the solarveil sling. Ari was very skeptical of the water falling on her, but she was mostly happy to let me shower, provided I was scrupulous about keeping the water flow mostly on me- I can do this because we have one of those vertical stream kind of shower heads, as opposed to the diagonal stream kind you get most of the time.

Anyway, washing my hair was a bit tricky (picture me leaning my head waaaay back so as not to splash soapy water into my nursing baby's face) but here I am, hair washed and all showered up!

In other baby news, Ari is really, really taking to solids with the advent of her new teeth. Yesterday was cherries (and this morning was cherry peels in the diaper- eeeew!), the day before that was honeydew melon, and today she ate some peach. I was eating a peach for first dinner, and she was all over it. Finally, I pulled the peel off a piece and offered it to her. At first, she only poked it and then licked her fingers. Apparently, it passed muster, so I bit off a chunk and gave it to her. She actually sat in my lap and nibbled on her little piece of peach until it was too small for her to get at anymore.

This makes me feel very positive about my decision to do "child-led" solids introduction. She really was just waiting until she could feed herself. It's very cool.

Anyhow, I'm off to try and clean the house some. My family are coming on Friday (I think I mentioned that), and we won't get much cleaning time tomorrow as we're having people over for the advent of a new Thursday game.

No comments: