Saturday, July 15, 2006

A whole Jack Buster and a pam-cake

Today was a pretty busy and exciting day! My family came into town yesterday. That's part of why I didn't write yesterday, although more of why I didn't write is that I fell asleep nursing Ari to sleep. This was unfortunate- I didn't get to brush teeth or squirt water up my nose†, and I ended up sleeping in my clothes. I hate sleeping in my clothes. Thad has been under strict orders to wake me up if I should fall asleep like that, but he never ever does. If I ever ask him why he didn't wake me (per my standing orders), he always says "but you were asleep!" and looks at me like I'm crazy. *sigh*

Today, we went to breakfast, and then I went to work, and then Ari napped, and then Mom took us shopping, and then we made ribs, and then Thad went to work, and then Ari wouldn't sleep, and then she DID sleep, and now I'm writing this. My family are all asleep, and I should be too.

Amazingly enough, though, it's not actually that late by my standards. It's barely after midnight. My family go to sleep so much earlier than I'm inclined to!

Anyhow, there were many exciting baby things today. The major thing is that she ate today! This is the list of all the things my baby ate:
  • yogurt
  • blueberries
  • cornbread
  • cheerios
And she didn't just taste them, either. She ate baby spoonful after baby spoonful of yogurt, and she just kept popping those cheerios straight in her mouth. This was also on the heels of yesterday's adventures with kalemata olives (which she liked!), tzatziki (which she didn't), and greek lemon potatoes. My baby is an eating food baby!

Next on the exciting list is that she was unquestionably responding to music today. Lori brought her flute, and was playing for Ari- Ari was hanging on every note, and getting excited and dancing in time. It was really cool.

Well, I'm off to bed. Tomorrow should be calmer, I think.
______
†I apparently love footnotes lately... anyway, I don't think I've mentioned the whole "squirting water up my nose" thing before. I'm apparently sensitive to some plant that grows in Ohio. I went to a doctor, and they did an allergy test, and I didn't come up even a little allergic to anything. All I know is, as soon as things come alive in the spring, I'm congested with dry membranes and a constantly bleeding nose. I end up sniffing and poking my nose (and with painful blood clots up in) all the time. Flushing my nasal passages with saline daily helps, but I suffer greatly if it's not daily. It goes away as soon as things die in the fall.

No comments: