Monday, July 17, 2006

Kevin Smith overuses parens too

Mum and the girls left this morning, as was previously mentioned. I did finally manage to get one picture of Ari and her grandma- it's a lovely one, too. Ari's such a little sweetheart. She woke up early today, so she got to see everyone off after all.

She also went to the BMV (do any other states call it that?) with Thad and the previous owner of our new car. We are the official new owners! I have the title in front of me, and am on hold to the insurance company to change our insurance over as I write. I haven't actually seen the car again, though, because Thad immediately dropped it off at our mechanics to get the work done that it needs. We should have it back on Wednesday.

I've just realized that next week will mark the first time since Ari was born that I will a) be home and b) have access to the car. I can take her to playgroups and the zoo willy-nilly!

Check out Miss Ari eating some melon here! Thad has started trying to feed her some solids during the day, since she won't take a bottle. I got to appreciate the after effects of this meal at a diaper change much later in the evening.


And here she is, napping in her high chair for her papa. I actually have a series of these (taken by Thad, of course) of her in different poses. We'll pretty much take what we can get with her, nap-wise!

I came home early today because I needed to write up my part of the report for the MSSI, but I didn't get any work done. I got an email from a friend that made me sad, and I couldn't concentrate. Now that I've finally gotten the girl down (and written this) I'm faced with the decision- do I try to get some work done? Or do I go to bed?

No comments: