Friday, July 21, 2006

Miss Cheesy Foot

Well, I didn't get to write yesterday, because I was playing in the first session of our new Changeling game until near onto midnight. I don't think I've mentioned Changeling yet in this blog, but Changeling is our favoritest RPG ever. We like it enough that we played it every week (sometimes twice a week!) for like, four years straight. We even like it enough that Thad wrote and I edited and coordinated a full book-length fan supplement for the game (which- vanity, vanity- is pretty much used as if it were a canon part of the game by just about everyone who knows it exists). It has, however, been a year or more since our last Changeling game broke up.

At first, I was happy for the break, but now I find I'm glad to get back to it. I'm playing a troll for the first time ever which is cool. My character is muscle for a money changer at a faerie market.

Anyway, lest I digress into talking about my character, let me just stay that we were up late and I had a presentation in the morning and writing did not happen.

On that note, today was the last day of the MSSI. All we were doing was having our group present. To give you an idea, the first group to present took 1-1/2 hours. The second group took 2-1/2 hours. Guess how long we took? Four hours. To our credit, there were four of us and only three in the other groups. And our text had complicated scribal stuff and complicated watermarks and complicated illuminations- but still. Four hours, man!

After the marathon presentation of doom, we had a really nice little reception ceremony, with little pastries from Mozart's (in the library! Gasp! Shock!) and little certificates of achievement that Pasha made for us. They have the date written in complicated Church Slavonic dating, and little illuminations out of the manuscripts- mostly ours; it was the prettiest- on the side. Pasha did a really cool thing and had these complicated numerological codes in the illuminations, unique ones for each of us. It was awesome.

After I got done at the MSSI, I said "Screw this! I'm going home to my monkeys!" and didn't pump. So, I went home. I got lunch and fed my baby, and then Thad and I went over to the milk bank to give them the last pumped milk I'll be giving them. I'll still be pumping in the fall, but they won't take toddler milk, so I'll probably try to find someone to donate to privately. I'd hate the milk Ari won't drink to go to waste, y'know!

Then, Thad and I went shopping. In our new car- I'll post some pictures tomorrow. We bought some shelves; some for my upcoming attempt to clean our basement, and some for the organization of our horrible, unwieldy stack of games.

After shopping, Thad went off to play Shaintar and I went out to the Jazz and Ribs fest with some of my MSSI compatriots. It was awesome. Thad and I will go back tomorrow for much fun times. While at the fest, Ari ate:
  • part of a blooming onion
  • fried potato bits
  • a little baked beans
  • funnel cake
She actually tried to eat the WHOLE funnel cake. She picked it up and tried to munch on it when our attention was momentarily elsewhere.

Wow- long, busy, tiring day. I'm off to squirt water up my nose and then sleep.

P.S. Huzzah the start of summer!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What's wrong with "toddler" milk?