Monday, July 03, 2006

Devoured by Shub-Niggurath

Wow, today's been all over the map. The girl finally fell asleep in my arms just a few minutes ago. She was really fussy and tired for hours, and I got really frustrated. I think she was teething. Now that it's over, I feel kind of embarrassed... Ari screaming for a long time makes me unhinged. I think I'll try harder to be more hinged.

Tomorrow is the fourth, and a holiday, and neither of us is working. I think this is a good thing. It'll give both of us a bit of a rest.

R&K left this morning. We had pancakes, and then they drove off into the sunset. Or the sunrise? Or, probably more accurately, the cloudy morning gloom. Every time they go, I miss them so badly. I wish it was possible for our life paths to converge more, but they really don't. They're going to go off and live in foreign lands (something Rebecca's wanted to do since ever). Their new jobs are perfect for them. But it means that homebody me has no chance of being able to live down the street from my sister. Even if I wanted to move to DC, R&K won't be living there for long- their jobs will take them away from the States for years at a time.

Pfeh. Whine, whine. I'm a go sleep now. Sleep is good for everything.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That's kind of how I feel. I'm sure that soon you will move your little family far away and I'll never get to see you, especially since the career path Steven and I have chosen limits us a bit geographically :(