Tuesday, July 18, 2006

It's not about making points

This is what I came home to this evening- Thad was not actually asleep, mind. He was just very, very tired. When he got in this morning, he very sweetly let me get one more hour of sleep- so he was an exceedingly tired monkey when I got home. Since Ari only got six hours of sleep last night, she was a fussy britches for him today, too.

I actually managed to remain conscious during lecture today. It was a pretty interesting guest lecture about this database this guy created in order to allow scholars to search and compare manuscript descriptions. Tomorrow is the last lecture for the MSSI- then on Thursday, we present. I'm totally not ready. I'd better get ready, of course, because on Thursday, we present. !!!

Jeff took this picture of Ari holding on to my legs, but he missed the really cute shot. She was totally hugging my legs and looking all cute at Jeff. Of course, as soon as she saw the camera, she started trying to crawl towards him.

She ate more food today- yogurt and watermelon and orange and even *gasp* a bottle of milk. She was so funny with the yogurt. I would feed her a taste (I had made a bowl for myself to eat), and she would make this horrible face. But she kept eating it. Masochism? Poor short-term memory? I'm not sure what that was about.

Maybe she's just like her pickle-juice drinkin' mama and loves her the funky tastes.

No comments: