Wednesday, July 26, 2006

Morning food and the North Broadway exit

Sorry yesterday's entry was so disconnected... I was pretty loopy by the end. Ari didn't get to sleep until four in the morning. She was back up at 10 AM, and wouldn't nap (fought and fought) until about 2:30 PM, when she finally succumbed to the power of the booby. She did get a decent nap at that point (2 hours) but that was her last nap for the day.

It was another nothing day, but we had a nice evening over at a friend's house. She has two walking around (running around? :D) boys and a little girl with the new-baby smell still on. We had a nice evening, with dinner and kids running around. It was really cool to watch Ari playing with her boys (who have awesome names, by the by- Johann and Sheamus). It was the first time that I've seen Ari actually play with other kids. She wasn't just playing in the same space as those boys, she was actually playing with them... at least a few times.

It was also neat to see someone parenting older kids like that; it's kind of a mental disconnect for me, how Ari is now vs. how she will be. Up 'till recently, we've very much been in that little baby space where she can't ask for things she doesn't need, and I just get used to giving her everything she asks for. She's not in that place anymore, and it's just going to get more and more complicated... Ah, well. I just trust that I'll figure it out somehow when the time comes. Patience, and calm, and a sense of humor, right?

I think this week has been my official First Week of Summer- I remember when I was in public school still, every summer, I spent the first week doing nothing much. I watched TV... read... laid about... And then, the "nothing much" got to me, and I had to start doing something useful. I think I needed the "nothing much" for a little while, but it's time to get to doing things before I go spare!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I recently discovered this blog: http://smartypants.diaryland.com/, which is written by a woman with a three year old daughter. Something about her tone reminds me of you; you may enjoy it if you have spare time.