Saturday, July 22, 2006

Jazz and Ribs (need I say more?)

Today was the Jazz and Ribs festival. We didn't go till the evening, but the rest of the day was a bit of a wash. We cleaned up a very little (although Thad kicked him some ass on those dishes), failed to go to the Walmart, and didn't let Thad get a nap.

The festival, though, was everything I could have wanted. :D By that, of course, I mean that it involved a LOT of dead pigs in barbecue sauce. And laying around in the grass chatting.

Here, Thad and Ari and I are dancing by the ATM truck. All the photos in this entry are courtesy m'lady Brooke, by the by. I left my camera home.

Here Ari is, eating part of the "blooming potato" we bought. Wondering what a blooming potato is? Well, you take a power drill, and you take a potato, and a slicer, and a vat of hot oil, and... well, you come out with what's in the picture I linked to. It's like very hot, very fresh, kind of thick potato chips that are all linked together. Delicious!

When we sat it down on the grass, Ari went straight over there and pulled this piece off the pile and started eating it. She seemed to basically like it, too.

Here she is with a rib (well, a denuded rib). She didn't actually try to eat the rib at any point, but she did play with it for a long time. She also got rib bits and barbecue sauce all over her- I couldn't take too much exception to that, though, given my own rib-eating style.

Last we have a really pretty shot of the festival and the LaVeque Tower (known by those who know me as "the building where a malevolent entity would open a gateway into our world, if such an entity were inclined to do so in Columbus"), framed against the sunset. A lovely end to the day.

Thad's working today, and will again tomorrow- but at least I'll be watching the girl, so he can sleep mornings. Oh, and I think tomorrow we will go swimming!

No comments: